More clues that you might be a Gardening Geek.
You might be a gardening geek if...
11. You are tempted to pet the bees that cling drunkenly to the flowers in late summer. Bonus points if you actually have petted them.
12. You have more pictures of plants than you do of your children (Mr. McGregor's Daughter). Bonus points if you have a garden journal with plant pictures pasted in it but the pictures of your kids are all in a shoebox. (Wait, maybe you should deduct a point for that, just on principle.)
13. Your favorite books are about other people's gardens (Leslie). Bonus points if you own more than three garden essay books. More bonus points if you have a bookcase with only gardening books in it. (Lisa at Greenbow) Triple bonus points if when family members have old gardening books to get rid of, they think first of giving them to you. (Kathy)
14. Your idea of fun is spending over an hour at a time reading the blogs of other gardeners. (Layanee) Bonus points if you have your own garden blog. (Heather)
15. Your Organic Gardening magazines are all falling apart because you are constantly reading them. (Curtis) Bonus points if you subscribe to 3 or more gardening magazines. (Alyssa)
16. You spend a lot of time just looking at your garden. (LostRoses) Bonus points if you have more than three sitting areas in your garden.
17. You spend the weekend catching up on garden work instead of relaxing. (Robin(BumbleBee)) Bonus points if your family activities are planned around your gardening time. (Sister with the Homestead)
18. Your personal email address contains words like "geek", "garden", "gardener". (Kylee) Bonus points if you have more than one such email address.
19. You can't resist deadheading or weeding "just a little bit" as you walk to and from your house to your car. (Rosemarie) Bonus points if you take the long way to give yourself more of a chance to weed or deadhead.
20. You write poems and songs about your garden and have recordings of them on YouTube. (Annie). Bonus points if you have more than one song written and recorded.
21. You buy plants that you know you don't have room to plant, ignoring that little voice in your head that says "You don't have any place to plant that." Bonus points if you have created a "holding nursery" in your garden to keep these plants alive until you dig up a new bed to plant them.
22. Your DVD collection includes Saving Grace, Greenfingers, and any version of The Secret Garden. Bonus points if you also have Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn. Double bonus points if you have Secrets of the Rose Gardener - The Art of Rose Gardening on DVD
23. You start so many seeds under lights in your living room in the winter that the brightness interferes with watching TV in the same room. Bonus points if you save your own seeds.
24. Your nephew blurts out "a hoe" when he overhears you say to his mother "guess what I bought this weekend." Bonus points if you actually did buy a hoe.
25. You grow vegetables in your garden that you don't really like, just to grow them. Bonus points if they are decorative, too.
Done. I'm busted. I'm a gardening geek. So are many of you who left comments with more signs and clues. There are 25 clues between the first post and this one. Thank you all!
Were we born to be gardening geeks or was it something in our environment? While you all ponder that, I need to go harvest those peppers and give them to others, because I don't like them myself. But aren't they pretty this time of year?