What is the greatest spectacle in gardening?
Here in Indianapolis, we have the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, the Indianapolis 500, taking place on a beautiful day, a day that is also perfect for gardening and enjoying gardens if you aren’t attending the race.
A day that is perfect for the peonies to begin to open up.
In honor of the race, I present my current list of the some of The Greatest Spectacles in Gardening, in no particular order, other than the order I thought of them.
* A group of dedicated blogging gardeners meeting up at the Spring Fling in Austin, Texas in early April to visit gardens and talk about gardening and blogging.
* A gardener madly planting on the last weekend of spring, as she prepares for summer.
* Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day and the 100 plus gardeners who posted for it these past few months to show off what is blooming in their gardens on the 15th of each month.
* A gardener center full of eager gardeners on the first nice day of spring or on the last day of the Chelsea Flower Show.
* The look on a gardener’s face when they experience any of the Great Experiences of Gardening, first hand.
* A gardener at the end of a long day of gardening, covered with dirt from head to toe.
* A middle-aged gardener chase a rabbit from one side of the garden to the other, trying to get the rabbit to leave and never come back.
What do you think is the greatest spectacle in gardening?