You might be a gardening geek in the fall if...
1. You are still watering container plants that are long past their prime and should really be dumped in the compost bin. Bonus points if you try to bring the plants inside to revive them.
2. You think your neighbors are nuts to bag their leaves for curbside pick up. Bonus points if you take their bags of leaves for your own compost bins. Double bonus points if you take the bags in broad daylight.
3. You harvest seeds from flowers you know will self-sow all through the garden without your help, because you are concerned that next spring, they suddenly won't. Bonus points if you actually sow the seeds in the spring.
4. Your electric drill becomes your favorite tool for planting bulbs. Bonus points if you've worn down a spade bit planting crocus throughout your lawn.
5. You are nearly as excited by the 'harvest of the compost bin' as you are the first tomato. Bonus points if you have a compost bin. Check that... you can't be a gardening geek WITHOUT a compost bin.